What We Do
Our staff and volunteers plan and coordinate an ongoing international freedom campaign to win Leonard’s release. Our activities include outreach and networking; local, as well as national and international organizing; public education; media relations; and political lobbying.
We work closely with Leonard’s attorneys who, with Leonard, decide on the legal actions to be taken to win his freedom.
The ILPDC also works in solidarity with other political prisoner organizations and those seeking environmental and social justice, advocates for Indigenous and human rights, and the movement for prison reform.
Our work currently takes us in these directions:
- A transfer to a medium security prison;
- A congressional investigation into the FBI’s misconduct in Indian Country, against the American Indian Movement and in the case of Leonard Peltier;
- An Executive Review by the Attorney General;
- An award of Executive Clemency
- The release of tens of thousands of related case documents.
Please help. Any or all of these strategies may lead to Leonard’s release. Join with other Peltier supporters to secure the freedom of an innocent man.
If you are interested in becoming more involved as a member of our worldwide support network, consider establishing a support group in your geographic area or volunteer.